Saturday, February 22, 2020
Season for Giving

A Season for Giving

Our tradition of giving at the holiday season.
It might seem early to be thinking about Christmas, but many UALC mission partners are hard at work planning for needed services during the holiday season. Please consider the following:

Advance the Mission of UALC

Giving to the general fund makes ministry possible at UALC. 20% of the general fund goes directly to supporting missions like the ones below. The other 80% supports preaching the gospel and the ongoing work of this church. Thank you for your additional giving to help keep us on track as we come to the end of this year. Envelopes are available in each worship venue, along with giving online and in the lobby.
Details: Go to and select "Give One Time" and "General Fund (End of Year/Season For Giving)"

International Friendships (IFI) Hosts

Working in partnership with local universities to promote friendship and hospitality to students from around the world.
Needs: Open your home to host an international student for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Training required (available online).
Details and contact: Online training at, or contact Jerry Cable.

SE Ohio—Helping Appalachian Rural People H.A.R.P.

Helps to reestablish victims of natural disasters, poverty, and domestic violence/child abuse in Southeast Ohio and beyond.
Needs: Volunteers, winter accessories and toys for infants to 18-year-olds for annual Christmas for Kids event. 
Dates: December Christmas for Kids event to be announced.
Details and contact: Becky Armstrong and Becky Harrass.

Serving Our Neighbors (SON) Ministries - The Good Tidings Christmas and Coat Store

Parents facing suburban poverty purchase new Christmas toys for their children at a reduced cost in a dignity-filled model. New, winter coats will be available at the store.
Needs: New, unwrapped gifts for all ages under 18, gift wrapping materials. Volunteers to work at the store.
Dates: The Good Tidings Christmas Store will be open in early December, please make donations prior to this at Cornerstone Christian Fellowship Church, 4066 Main St., Hilliard.
Details and contact: SON Ministries.

Lutheran Social Services - The LSS Food Pantries

Serves people in need by offering a source of nourishment to families who are food insecure and help them enjoy a complete Thanksgiving meal.
Needs: Pick up a bag and shopping list in the Connect Centers. Drop off by Nov. 24. Volunteer at food pantries, and make a cash donation on Sunday morning, Nov. 24.
Details and contact: Chris Burger.

Operation Christmas Child® (OCC)

OCC delivers gift-filled shoeboxes to children affected by war, poverty, natural disasters, and other crises in more than 150 countries and territories.
Needs: Volunteers for collection week and donated packed shoeboxes.
Dates: National collection week is Nov. 18-25 at Mill Run. Collection times: Monday-Friday (Nov. 18-22) 4:00-7:30 pm, Saturday 9:30 am-Noon, Sunday 1:00-6:00 pm, Monday (Nov. 25) 9:00 am-3:00 pm
Details and contact: Visit the Operation Christmas Child national site here to find out how to pack a box and more about the ministry. Contact Keri Sutter.

Angel Tree®

This program of Prison Fellowship connects parents in prison with their children through the delivery of Christmas gifts.
Needs: Volunteers to purchase and deliver gifts and the Gospel to children in the name of their prisoner-parent.
Dates: Names of children and gift ideas will be available in the lobbies in late November and early December. Delivery of gifts by Christmas.
Details and contact: Erika Mitiska.

God’s Hygiene Help Center

Providing hygiene, dignity, and hope to those in need with the compassion of Jesus.
Needs: Donate winter wear—new warm hats, gloves, scarves and socks for all ages (children, teens and adults) in need.
Details and contact: God’s Hygiene.

Christmas for Internationals

This event is designed for International and American friends to join in fellowship to hear the story of the first Christmas, perhaps for the first time. On Friday, Dec. 6, 7:00 pm at Mill Run.
Needs: Bring a friend or neighbor and a savory appetizer to share.
Details and contact: Dave Mann, 614-451-3736.
Daily Readings

Want a Richer Experience on Sunday Mornings?

Use our reading guide to keep you in God's Word each day. Find the daily reading guide to complement the Sunday lessons. You can download the monthly bookmark, too.
Ministry Guide

UALC Ministry Guide

Download the current issue of our quarterly Ministry Guide. To submit content, fill out a promotion request.
Sermon Series

Keep Up with the Current Sermon Series

Find the weekly topics, and prepare for each Sunday with the worship readings.
Invest in someone's life.

Serve God by Serving Others

Live out your faith by investing your time and talents in someone's life. Find one-time activities and ongoing projects.