Saturday, March 28, 2015
Community Meal Packing Project
Uniting our community and fighting hunger
in our neighborhoods and around the world.
What you've done has made a big difference to a hungry person. Jesus cared for people who were hungry and as followers of Jesus, we want to do the same. See photos from the event on our Facebook page.
We packed a total of 763,320 meals over five days! About 2,400 volunteers filled 30 shifts. Close to half the meals will go overseas to programs like the Andrew Grene School near Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The remaining meals will stay in this country to be distributed through the Mid-Ohio Food Bank, Lutheran Social Services and the Salvation Army.
We're looking forward to hearing your stories
We'll be updating our page with some stories soon, and we'd love to hear yours. Contact Pastor Brodie, email@example.com.
Until next time, here are some opportunities to build on the friendships you made this week. Follow these links for more information:
• What do you have for my kids?
• How can I get help in a crisis?
• How can I learn more about Jesus?
• Do you have an intro course about Christianity?
• How can I get involved in the Community Garden?
• Do you have small groups?
• When and where can I go to a church service?
• How can I get involved in community service events?
• Can I go on a short-term mission trip?